The sh*tstorm surrounding Leah Remini’s departure from the church has brought out the best in Scientology media relations. This one obviously called for the Big Guns….
The entirety of the response to stories now running in major (and minor) media around the world reporting on Miscavige abusing people, the church being engaged in “thought” reform through sec checks/Truth Rundown, breaking up families with disconnection and the disappearance of Miscavige’s wife Shelly (among other things) is:
“The Church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no comment about any individual Church member.”
As usual, the chutzpah of Miscavige is amazing.
Apparently they are trying to imply Leah remains in the church without saying she has not left (they can’t say that as they fear she is baiting them into saying that and she will blow them out of the water with a VERY public denial).
But just think about this for a moment. Everyone in any way familiar with Scientology knows that when someone is deemed to “no longer be a member” the church has ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT for anyone’s privacy. Look at the smears they have done on ANYONE who has publicly criticized them:
– Consider the respect they paid Paul Haggis and Jason Beghe with smears spread far and wide.
– Just review the respectful sham web sites (whoismikerinder, whoismartyrathbun, whoismarcheadley etc etc etc) and twitter accounts they have created to libel anyone who dares question them (even journalists — Lawrence Wright, Anderson Cooper, Joe Childs and Tom Tobin, Tony Ortega).
– Recall for a moment the respect they afforded Marty Rathbun and his wife as they had people camped outside his home spying on him and harassing him for months
– Oh, and the respect they afforded Debbie Cook by suing her for sending out an email quoting L. Ron Hubbard
– And the touching level of respect displayed when they trotted out the Stepford Wives on AC 360 to claim they knew “every inch of their bodies.”
The examples are numerous. The one thing you can always count from the church of Scientology is respect for those who publicly question its activities.
Remember this statement when this moves into the next phase as they try to smear Leah and her family.
And also remember this: not even the usual bald-faced denials about how this is all just lies from the mouths of a small posse of bitter defrocked apostates.